Often, we hear stories where people are suffering in this world. Some suffer from what people do to them, like bullying. At times, the bullies are oblivious of the things they do to the victims because all they think is they are ‘joking.’ Well, the truth is, jokes can hurt too.
Have you witnessed bullying before? Or have you watched any movies that depict the topic? If you have not, we have just the list for you.
Take your time to analyse the movies and look at how it affects the victims (or maybe the bullies too).
1) Buli (2004)
- The movie directed by Afdlin Shauki narrates the life of a software designer in Kuala Lumpur.
- His life stories include the time he was bullied in school.
2) Cinta Kolestrol (2003)
- Looking at the title, we know that one of the genres of the movie is ‘romance.’
- It unfolds a story of the unrequited love of a woman towards a man. Why is it unrequited? The woman is chubby, to answer the question.
- But the twist is that she makes a change and becomes a fine lady.
- The movie is directed by Abdul Razak Mohaideen.
3) Better Days (2019)
- This Chinese movie receives several awards for its outstanding performance.
- Directed by Kwok Cheung Tsang, a bullied girl becomes a primary suspect in the murder of her nemesis.
- She befriends a mysterious man who soon helps and protects her.
4) A Silent Voice (2016)
- A boy decides to befriend a deaf girl he used to bully after he receives the same treatment from others.
- Directed by Naoko Yamada, A Silent Voice is an adaptation of a manga series.
5) Wonder (2017)
- Based on a novel and directed by Stephen Chbosky, it tells the story of a boy with facial differences entering elementary school for the first time.
- He becomes friends with a classmate, and together they face bullies in their class.
These movies will either stress you out, disturb you, warm you, or make you feel inspired. Thus, take lessons from them and let’s make the world a better place.