Do you know the term ‘bookworm?’ Yes, it is a word to describe a person who is fond of reading. Are you one of those people who likes to read? If so, what genre do you like the most? And..do you like to read printed books or e-books?
No, there is no right or wrong in answering the questions. Each of us has our preferences in readings. Some people do not like the romance genre. Thus, they will go for horror and thriller. Some people love to read e-books because maybe printed books are expensive for them. As long as they read, it is good enough!
Good news for both printed book readers and e-book readers! Some of you might not know this, but you can actually read books by being a member of u-Pustaka of Perpustakaan Negara Malaysia (PNM).
u-Pustaka can be accessed by Malaysians anytime and anywhere. Most importantly, there is no charge to be a member of u-Pustaka! Interestingly, people can choose whether they want to read printed books or e-books. If you are a printed book type of reader, just make a reservation for your chosen book. Then, the book will be posted to your house via Post Laju.
But first things first—you need to register to be a member. Follow these easy steps:
1) Visit www.u-library.gov.my.
2) Click daftar/register to make an account.
3) Choose your option (MyKad/MyKid, etc).
4) Fill in your name and your identification card number.
5) Fill in your information.
6) You will receive an activation email from u-Pustaka.
7) Open the email and click on the activation link.
8) u-Pustaka can be accessed using the given passcode (you can change the passcode if you like).
There are a lot of readings to choose from. There are magazines, educational books, and more! Does reading free books does not excite you?
What are you waiting for? Become a member of u-Pustaka now!
Source: Perpustakaan Negara Malaysia, u-library