News

COVID-19 : Pantai Hospital Safe To Visit

KUALA LUMPUR, March 3 (Bernama) — Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur (PHKL) is safe to visit and members of the public need not worry about a viral message which claimed the premises should be avoided following the detection of COVID-19 cases there.

PHKL’s Emergency Department senior resident medical officer Dr Mohd Ridzuan Abdul Razak said the hospital had taken the appropriate steps in accordance with guidelines from the Ministry of Health (MOH) in handling the COVID-19 infection in the country.

“We receive approximately 2,000 visitors (including in- and out-patients) a day. Each person will be screened at any of the hospital’s two entrances including the emergency department.

“Among the measures taken are inquiring on the travel history to the affected countries, checking of body temperature and the detection of symptoms in visitors,” he told Bernama here today.

He said PHKL had been prepared to face the COVID-19 infection since January, and the hospital also had an Infection Control Committee that met almost daily to discuss the latest developments on the issue.

— MORE

 

COVID-PHKL 2 KUALA LUMPUR

 

“PHKL also regularly refers to the World Health Organisation (WHO) portal on the developments surrounding COVID-19 worldwide and refers to any steps that can be taken,” he said.

Meanwhile, checks by Bernama at the hospital also found hand sanitisers placed at entrances and in front of elevators, besides bunting displaying information related to COVID-19.

Staff were also stationed at the hospital’s entrances to conduct screening while the lifts were sanitised every two hours.

Yesterday, PHKL, in a statement, said that the three COVID-19 positive cases (cases 24, 27 and 29) at the hospital were sent immediately to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital (cases 24 and 27) and Sungai Buloh Hospital (case 29) for treatment and isolation.

On case 27, Dr Mohd Ridzuan said that the female trainee nurse had come into contact with case number 24 (Japanese woman) who was initially not diagnosed with COVID-19.

— MORE

 

COVID-PHKL 3 (LAST) KUALA LUMPUR

 

“So, the trainee nurse was not wearing personal protective equipment because it was not required at the time,” he said, adding that PHKL was also actively sharing authentic information through its Facebook page to check the spread of fake news.

In a statement today, the MOH confirmed seven more COVID-19 positive cases involving locals, bringing the total to 36 cases so far.

Source : BERNAMA

Adib Mohd

Recent Posts

Your September–October Watchlist: Food, Drama & Frights

Mark your calendars, TV junkies. September & October are serving drama, food wars, and spooky… Read More

1 day ago

Pandora Talisman Drops, Ancient Coin Energy Meets Modern Vibes

Pandora is flipping the script this autumn with the launch of Pandora Talisman, a jewellery… Read More

1 day ago

LADA Unveils ‘Langkawi Special Deals’ with MAG Partnership to Supercharge Island Tourism

The Langkawi Development Authority (LADA) has launched “Langkawi Special Deals”, a strategic tourism campaign featuring… Read More

1 day ago

Maxim Rolls Out Partner-Driver Legalization Program to Elevate Compliance and Road Safety

Maxim, one of Malaysia’s leading e-hailing platforms, has officially introduced a Partner-Driver Legalization Program designed… Read More

1 day ago

Sabah Crowned Malaysia’s Favourite Destination, A Paradise of Peaks, Seas, and Culture Awaits!

Sabah, located in the north-eastern part of Borneo, has officially earned the title of Malaysia’s… Read More

1 day ago

Coca‑Cola Brings Back ‘Share a Coke’ Now With a Proudly Malaysian Twist

This Merdeka, Coca‑Cola is turning up the nostalgia and the local flavour. The iconic ‘Share… Read More

2 days ago

This website uses cookies.