News

Terengganu Floods: Number Of Evacuees Continues To Rise

KUALA TERENGGANU, Nov 25  — Kemaman became the latest district to be hit by floods in Terengganu with the number of evacuees in the state continue to increase to 690 people from 184 families as of 8 am today compared to 389 people (94 families) recorded last night.

Currently, there are 23 temporary relief centers (PPS) operating statewide and Dungun recorded the highest number of PPS at seven locations which housed 131 people from 34 families, compared to only 69 people from17 families placed in four PPS previously.

Terengganu Disaster Management Committee Secretariat chief, Lt Col (PA) Che Adam A Rahman said that in Setiu, two more PPS were opened bringing the total number of PPS in the district to six which accommodated 125 people from 40 families compared to 69 people from 17 families who were sheltered at four PPS last night.

“There has been a slight increase in the number of evacuees in Kuala Nerus at 206 people from 52 families compared to 156 people from 32 families previously and they are housed at four PPS.

“Similar development in Kuala Terengganu where the number of evacuees increased slightly to 101 people from 27 families compared to 53 people from18 families reported last night and they are currently placed at two PPS,” he told reporters today.

In Marang, the number of those seeking shelter at three PPS has also increased to 90 people from 21 families compared to 33 people from seven families last night.

Che Adam said that currently only one PPS operating in Besut to accommodate 10 people from five families while in Kemaman, there was also only one PPS to house 27 people from five families thus far.

“This latest data shows that all districts in Terengganu have been affected by floods except in Hulu Terengganu. However, the residents there are advised to be vigilant with the current weather changes,” he said.

The data provided by the Department of Irrigation and Drainage shows that reading at Sungai Setiu at the Jambatan Permaisuri is at 9.33metres (m), which is above the danger level of 8.80m; while Sungai Nerus in Kampung Langkap records a reading of 20.98 m, which is above the warning level of 20 m.

The other three rivers in Kemaman, Hulu Terengganu and Marang have also exceeded the alert level.

Sources: BERNAMA

Adib Mohd

Recent Posts

Tesla Malaysia Completes First Official Vehicle Delivery in East Malaysia

Tesla Malaysia marks a major milestone today with its first official delivery of Tesla vehicles… Read More

12 hours ago

PUBG MOBILE Launches Spring Festival Featuring Lion Dance and Community Activities

Huat Ah! PUBG MOBILE, one of the world’s most popular mobile games, is ushering in… Read More

14 hours ago

Tuberculosis (TB), The Persistent Disease That Refuses to Disappear

Let’s be real. When you’ve got a cough that just won’t quit, it’s easy to… Read More

15 hours ago

AG Autoworld Sweeps 8 Awards at PROTON Global Conference 2025, A New National Benchmark

AG Autoworld delivered a commanding performance at the highly anticipated PROTON Global Conference 2025. By… Read More

15 hours ago

Pandora Welcomes the Year of the Horse with Timeless, Meaningful Charms

New Year, Same Vibe? Nah. We're Levelling Up. Got big plans for 2026? We're not… Read More

18 hours ago

Thailand Just Redefined “Normal Sweet” to 50% Less Sugar Starting Today

Thailand is flipping the sugar script. Starting February 11, 2026, major café chains across the… Read More

18 hours ago

This website uses cookies.