The House of Gucci is actually a 2021 American biographical crime drama movie directed by Ridley Scott, based on the year 2001 book that is ‘The House of Gucci: A Sensational Story of Murder, Madness, Glamour, and Greed’ by none other than Sara Gay Forden. The movie follows Patrizia Reggiani acted by Lady Gaga and also Maurizio Gucci acted by Adam Driver as their romance transforms into a fight for control of the Italian fashion brand that is Gucci.
Little did many people know, there are indeed so many interesting facts that can be acknowledged from this highly anticipated movie. Even though this particular movie is based on the true story that happened, some of the actings could be the addition done by the director or the actors. For those who do not know, these are some interesting facts.
Interesting facts about the movie ‘House of Gucci’ that you should know:
- Some of the scenes in the movie were filmed in the early month of March in the cities of Gressoney-Saint-Jean and also Gressoney-La-Trinité, much more specifically in the Italian Alps in the Aosta Valley.
- Lady Gaga has once explained that she willingly took into account how her long-time friend that is Tony Bennett ‘feels about Italians being represented in film in terms of crime’, and also aspired to ‘make a real person out of Patrizia, not a caricature’.
- As a professional actor, Lady Gaga has improvised a lot of her lines on her own. That is how the iconic “Father, Son, and House Of Gucci” line has become the iconic tagline for the movie.
- Salma Hayek that acted as Giuseppina “Pina” Auriemma has shared a particular scene in a mud bath with the one and only Lady Gaga’s Patrizia Reggiani, but could not find a way of keeping her body from floating.
- Just because Gucci in the ’70s was ‘mostly tweeds and browns’, it actually was not part of the dynamic fashion seen in the movie. Patrizia Reggiani preferred Yves Saint Laurent, while Maurizio Gucci could be found in suits straight from Seville Row, and Aldo Gucci was fond of Zenga.
- The important step to bringing House of Gucci to life was to consult the Gucci brand archive as well as visit the Gucci museum.
- The movie languished in development purgatory for almost ten years, going through different directors, actors, and scripts, before finally being made twenty years later.