Many people might still not be aware of this. Influenza-like illness is definitely something familiar that has been happening all year round. Based on a tweet by Dr. Siti Sarah Aishah Suhaidi, there are specific months for the symptoms to occur in Malaysia.
Some of the symptoms are indeed easily recognizable. Mostly, it would come with acute respiratory illnesses such as pneumonia, bronchiolitis, viral-induced wheeze, asthma attack, or even dehydrated sore throat fever. If these happen, seek medical help fast.
To be easily understandable, influenza is indeed a disease majorly caused by the influenza virus that infects the respiratory tract. It can cause mild or serious symptoms of infection. In certain circumstances, it can be life-threatening for an infected individual.
It can spread easily through the respiratory droplets when talking, coughing, or even sneezing. All these droplets can contaminate the surface and cause infection to anyone who touches the surface. To avoid that, it is better for everyone to have sneezing ethics.
Simple Tips To Prevent Influenza-Like Illness
- Get your vaccination for influenza and it is really affordable.
- Keep hands clean by washing them with soap and water.
- Avoid dehydration by drinking enough water.
- Learn and practice cough and sneeze ethics like covering your mouth when doing them.
- You can boost your immune system by doing exercise regularly.
- Eat a balanced and healthy meal so that you can strengthen your immune system.
- The easiest one would be to smile and laugh a lot because it can boost your immune system.
Hopefully, we all could stay healthy and be able to avoid this influenza-like illness. More importantly from all of the symptoms.