Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara (JPN) has announced that Malaysian individuals can now replace their MyKad by just using a telephone line service. No more lengthy queues as you can just use the new service provided by JPN. All you need to do is just make a phone call to JPN.
More surprisingly, 30 minutes is all it takes for your new replacement MyKad to complete! Then, you can go to pick it up.
PERMOHONAN GANTIAN MYKAD "MYPHONE-IN"
Anda boleh memohon gantian MyKad melalui perkhidmatan talian telefon dengan menghubungi 03-8880 8066.
Telegram JPN: https://t.co/pz4AelRmsR
— JPN Malaysia 🇲🇾 (@jpnhqofficial) September 14, 2022
JPN develops a new service, MYPHONE-IN to be convenient for Malaysians. If you want to apply for a replacement of your MyKad, you can make a call during office hours, Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
However, you can’t just apply for the replacement at will. According to JPN, you need to meet the following conditions in order to replace it over the phone:
- For Malaysian citizens only.
- Apply for replacement of normal MyKad or broken Chip/Card.
- Application fee of RM10 (charged upon card collection).
- The owner of the identification card can only do the application and collection of MyKad. Applicants under 18 must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardian during the collection.
- Applicants can collect the new identification card at MyKad Printing and Distribution Centres (DPP) 30 minutes after the application.
- Any changes to the information: address, religion, name, and pictures aren’t allowed.
- Charged a loss fee if the applicant doesn’t present the old identification card during the collection at the counter.
For more information, do contact JPN at 03-8880707 or visit their website.