Does MOH launch Miracle Baby Program? Fact: every year, around 5,000 babies are born with perforated heart disease and congenital in Malaysia. This health condition demands an expert’s touch. It’s a complex procedure that requires many years of experience and knowledge.
Therefore, to overcome the lack of experts in this field, the Ministry of Health (MOH) initiated a program ‘Miracle Baby’. It was officially launched in Hospital Pulau Pinang (HPP) on 7 December 2022.
MOH strives to empower awareness in the community. Not only that, but it’s also to enhance perforated heart surgery services to these young patients in the local hospitals. Furthermore, it’s also to ensure the fluidity of this program runs smoothly in our country.
What are the aims of the Miracle Baby program?
- It’s a holistic and strategic cooperation between MOH, Universiti Tuanku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) and Hospital Sri Sathya Sai Sanjeevani (SSSSH), India.
- This program enables complicated heart surgery services made available at HPP.
- Next, it’s to provide efficient and quality heart surgery services to the affected children.
- It’s also beneficial for local kids and parents with minimal cost.
- Finally, it’s to share knowledge, expertise, abilities, and practice with experts and paramedics in MOH.
We hope this program will spark awareness and help those in need.