The “Babylonian III” is a fascinating watch with a millennial history and is the third successor of the beautiful series. It is inspired by Babylon, the capital of Babylonia, one of the most important cities of antiquity. Babylonian astronomy dates back to 3000 B.C. It reached its peak around 600-500 B.C. People obtained unimaginably accurate astronomical data with the means they had at the time. The constellations as we use them today were summarized and described in the ancient Babylonian culture.
Fittingly for the 30th anniversary, the new model is now celebrating a comeback. In contrast to its two predecessors, the model is launched in a 43.5 mm case due to high demand.
The movement is newly engraved and refined. The front cover bridge is skeletonized, hand engraved, and rhodium plated. The plate and the other movement bridges are matted by hand with a special graver and then yellow gold plated. On the back of the movement comes an additional plate, which is finished with a beautiful skeletonization and also rhodium plated. The two-tone finish of the movement creates contrasts and a noble look.
The dial consists of two parts. On the lower part, zodiac signs are worked out, they are first etched and then hand-engraved, and the outer part of the zodiac sign is matted by hand with a graver. On the upper part of the dial, which consists of two mother-of-pearl rings and hour applications, there is a minute scale on the outer ring and the abbreviations of the zodiac signs on the inner circle.
This exceptional model in stainless steel case is limited to 49 pieces and is dedicated to the anniversary year of the manufacture.
ALEXANDER SHOROKHOFF “BABYLONIA III” AS.BYL03S
- Hand-wound movement 2614. AS
- Hand-sanitized in elaborate handwork with a burin, bridge under the dial hand skeletonized and engraved, from below the movement is finished with a specially designed hand-skeletonized and engraved brass plate, blued screws, 17 jewels
- Power reserve for about 42 hours
- Functions: Hours, minutes, center second
- Stainless steel with a glass bottom, 5 ATM
- Diameter: 43.5 mm
- Height: 11.5 mm
- Glass: Sapphire crystal on both sides, anti-reflective on the front side
- Strap lugs: 22 mm
- Hand-finished, with mother-of-pearl inlays
- Hands: Blued stainless steel
- Brown crocodile leather strap with engraved solid stainless steel pin buckle
Limited edition: 49 pieces
Retail Price: MYR 13,950