The increasing number of COVID-19 cases in the state of Victoria, Australia has made the Premier’s state, Daniel Andrews to tightening back the movement control starting today.
A total of 233 new cases were detected with the addition of two new daily digits for 14 consecutive days over the past few weeks.
According to Andrews statement, the 233 new cases were unacceptable and a threat to the people of Victoria. He also reportedly directed investigations into the management of several quarantine hotels.
Roughly, around 311,000 people have been given a stay-at-home order by Andrews. It means, these residents will only have 4 reasons to leave their home.
Those reasons are for work or school, for care or caregiving, for daily exercise, or to get food and other essentials.
“This only works if people comply, this only works if people use common sense and I am confident those communities will do that,” said the Premier of Victoria.
“It is not normal that we can go back to. It is COVID normal that we all have to find and I’m sad to say, embrace, for the foreseeable future,” he added.
Residents of 10 postcodes in Melbourne’s north and west have been ordered to stay home from midnight tonight.
- 3012: Brooklyn, Kingsville, Maidstone, Tottenham, West Footscray
- 3021: Albanvale, Kealba, Kings Park, St Albans
- 3032: Ascot Vale, Highpoint City, Maribyrnong, Travancore
- 3038: Keilor Downs, Keilor Lodge, Taylors Lakes, Watergardens
- 3042: Airport West, Keilor Park, Niddrie
- 3046: Glenroy, Hadfield, Oak Park
- 3047: Broadmeadows, Dallas, Jacana
- 3055: Brunswick South, Brunswick West, Moonee Vale, Moreland West
- 3060: Fawkner
- 3064: Craigieburn, Donnybrook, Mickleham, Roxburgh Park and Kalkallo
According to the Ministry of Health Malaysia (KKM) that also sharing the info on Facebook, international flights was prohibited to land in Melbourne to reduce the need for travelers to be quarantined.
Added KKM, the news that was shared was to remind all of us. Obey the SOP given by the government and KKM’s health advice.