News

10 Killed After Bomb Attack Hits Afghan Vice President’s Convoy In Kabul: Official

KABUL, Sept. 9 — At least 10 people were killed and 15 others wounded in a bomb attack that struck the convoy of Afghan First Vice-President Amrullah Saleh in Kabul during Wednesday’s morning rush hour, an Interior Ministry spokesman confirmed.

“The bomb blast targeted vehicles of First Vice-President Amrullah Saleh. Some last vehicles of the convoy have been affected,” reported Xinhua news agency, quoting from Ariana News TV report.

“At least 10 passersby were killed and 15 people including security guards of vice president wounded. The number of casualties may change as an investigation is underway into the incident,” spokesman Tariq Arian said in a statement.

He said the blast was caused by a bomb planted on the side of the crowded road.

Saleh received minor wounds in his left hand and small burns on his face. His teenage son accompanying him aboard the bomb-proof vehicle escaped unharmed, Saleh confirmed in a footage posted on his Facebook account.

The blast occurred at 7:35 a.m. local time in Sabiqa Square of Taimani locality, Police District 4 of the city, sending a column of thick smoke into the sky and triggering panic, a witness told Xinhua earlier in the day.

He said the blast also caused destruction in the populated area and detonated several gas cylinders at a roadside shop.

Wednesday’s explosion came as peace efforts have been underway between the Afghan government and the Taliban.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack yet.

Source: BERNAMA

Adib Mohd

Recent Posts

Your September–October Watchlist: Food, Drama & Frights

Mark your calendars, TV junkies. September & October are serving drama, food wars, and spooky… Read More

20 hours ago

Pandora Talisman Drops, Ancient Coin Energy Meets Modern Vibes

Pandora is flipping the script this autumn with the launch of Pandora Talisman, a jewellery… Read More

22 hours ago

LADA Unveils ‘Langkawi Special Deals’ with MAG Partnership to Supercharge Island Tourism

The Langkawi Development Authority (LADA) has launched “Langkawi Special Deals”, a strategic tourism campaign featuring… Read More

22 hours ago

Maxim Rolls Out Partner-Driver Legalization Program to Elevate Compliance and Road Safety

Maxim, one of Malaysia’s leading e-hailing platforms, has officially introduced a Partner-Driver Legalization Program designed… Read More

23 hours ago

Sabah Crowned Malaysia’s Favourite Destination, A Paradise of Peaks, Seas, and Culture Awaits!

Sabah, located in the north-eastern part of Borneo, has officially earned the title of Malaysia’s… Read More

24 hours ago

Coca‑Cola Brings Back ‘Share a Coke’ Now With a Proudly Malaysian Twist

This Merdeka, Coca‑Cola is turning up the nostalgia and the local flavour. The iconic ‘Share… Read More

2 days ago

This website uses cookies.