Every parent wants to make sure that their children are always protected from the COVID-19 epidemic. Among them by using a face mask.
However, there are also parents who use fabric masks to save on daily expenses. The use of this fabric mask is not wrong, but it should always be clean to be safe to use, especially for children.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there are 12 steps that can be followed on how can children wear a fabric mask safely.
Here are the steps:
- Clean hands before touching the mask
- Inspect the mask for damage or if dirty
- Identify the inside of the mask which will touch the face and the upper part that will cover the nose
- Adjust the mask without leaving gaps on the sides
- Cover mouth, nose, and chin
- Avoid touching the front of the mask
- Clean hands before removing the mask
- Remove the mask by the straps
- Store the mask in a clean bag or container
- Clean hands after removing the mask
- Wash the mask at least once a day, preferably with hot water
- Do not share masks with others
With these beneficial measures, it is hoped that we can all continue to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 epidemic, especially to children.
How can children wear a fabric mask safely? Check out this infographic.
For more information, read the Q&A on children and masks during #COVID19 ➡ https://t.co/DsEgJZ2NzX#WearAMask pic.twitter.com/icTNRsCooz
— WHO Malaysia, Brunei Darussalam & Singapore (@WHOMalaysia) September 24, 2020