Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


A Man Tested For COVID-19 Accidentally Swallow The Entire Swab Stick

Picture: Daily Star/Hull Live

A man in the United Kingdom tested for COVID-19 accidentally swallowed a whole swab stick. The shocked man must have visited the Hull Royal Infirmary after the incident.

For those who do not know, COVID swab sticks are usually six inches long and like a giant cotton bud with material on top of a six-inch thin plastic or polystyrene handle.

They are used to get into the mouth and swab fluids from the throats of people who may have coronavirus.

Picture: Google

It is not clear whether the patient tried to test himself or had swallowed the stick after visiting the test station. According to Hull Royal Infirmary, they “could not comment” after the incident on Tuesday.

Although there are serious problems while running and processing COVID tests, with many unable to make an appointment, it is very rare for them to make a mistake.

Source: Daily Star, Hull Live

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You May Also Like


Two days ago marked the third anniversary of the death of the whistleblower of coronavirus, Dr. Li Wenliang. It has been years since the...


KOTA KINABALU, Jan 4 (Bernama) — Effective this Sunday, all travellers from China are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 according to the criteria...


Here’s what you need to know about MOH’s Aeroplane Wastewater Surveillance Process. Not only Malaysians but many citizens worldwide voiced their concerns after China...


The Health Ministry (MOH) is prepared to change the existing COVID-19 pandemic management healthcare policy at the country’s borders including tightening the standard operating procedure (SOP) for...


Copyright © 2021 Siakap Keli Sdn. Bhd.