Health

Brazil’s Tropical Island Reopen To Tourists Only Who’ve Had Covid-19

One of the islands in Brazil has opened its doors to tourists once again since the pandemic strike, but a new rule has been applied for this time. Only those who have contracted and recovered from coronavirus are allowed to visit the Brazillian island.

An archipelago called Fernando de Noronha has reopened five months since the coronavirus lockdown. The island is situated 354km off Brazil’s northeastern coast closed in March to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

The region will reopen on September 1 with controls to “guarantee everyone’s protection”.

Official revealed on the Instagram account that the island will be opened in phases.

The post said, “In this first phase, only tourists who have already had Covid-19 will be allowed to disembark.”

New precautions will be required those who visiting to present a positive test result that is at least 20 days old.

The archipelago’s administrator, Guilherme Rocha, said “In this first stage of reopening, only tourists who have already had COVID and have recovered and are immune to the disease will be authorized [since] they can neither transmit it nor be infected again.”

“We are reopening responsibly, with caution and without hurry,” when speaking at a news conference.

“Hurry is the enemy of life … We can’t do everything at once,” he added.

Fernando de Noronha was forced to shut its doors on March 21, the time the pandemic started all around the world.

This comes as Brit tourist hotspot beaches on the Canary Islands have been closed after a second coronavirus wave hit the region.

After suffered its first major Covid-19 outbreak in several months, beaches on the island of El Hierro were shutdown. The island had been one of the very few places to escape the harrowing pandemic that left 10s of thousands of Spaniards on the mainland dead. Instead, only a handful of cases were recorded and there were no deaths recorded. But, the second wave is having a dramatic effect with at least 40 people being struck down by the virus which forcing the local government to take some actions.

Source: Daily Star, Instagram Noronha

Adib Mohd

Recent Posts

Four Decades, One Legend, PROTON Unveils the All-New Saga for the Future Without Limits

A new chapter of Malaysian automotive history begins today as PROTON officially launches the All-New… Read More

2 days ago

Dare Your Adrenaline with iCAUR V23, Malaysia’s First Fully Electric SUV

More than advanced, it’s revolutionary. Let’s cross paths with this first-ever fully electric SUV now.… Read More

2 days ago

Close the Gap! Netflix Is Turning Your Decembreak Into a Thrill Ride

What’s Christmas without some holiday entertainment? Good thing, Netflix is always ever-ready to lure us… Read More

2 days ago

HABIB Is “Proposing” This Year End Sale, Say YES to Sparkling Luxury in 2025

As 2025 nears the dusk of its tale, HABIB’s golden journey arrives at its most… Read More

3 days ago

Fuel Smart with BUDI95 on Shell App, RM2 Million Rewards & 3 Years of Free Fuel Await!

Shell Malaysia has integrated BUDI95 into the Shell App. This marks an important milestone in… Read More

3 days ago

LG Channels Glow-Up Alert: Sleek UI and Smarter Features at Your Service

LG Electronics is unveiling a significant upgrade to LG Channels, its free, ad-supported streaming TV (FAST)… Read More

3 days ago

This website uses cookies.