We all know that smoking is a very dangerous thing to do. Not only is this smoking habit endangering the personal health of smokers, but it is also very dangerous for the people around the smoker.
Especially for children, pregnant women and the elderly, the smoke from these cigarettes poses a high risk to them and that is why this smoking habit is dangerous.
However, there are also smokers who want to quit smoking for the good and health of themselves, their families, and those around them.
But, they do not know how to quit this smoking habit. Do not be worried because the Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH) has listed 12 tips to quit smoking on Twitter.
Here are the tips:
- Delay time like wait 5 minutes or say a moment
- Stay away from people who smoke
- Drink plain water and avoid caffeinated drinks
- Avoid the atmosphere or situation that leads to smoking
- Bathe regularly
- Take a deep breath slowly
- Meditation or sports
- Busy yourself like doing something to distract
- Wash your hands often
- Chew something like chewing gum and fruit
- Stretching like doing simple exercises when feeling sleepy
12 petua untuk berhenti merokok atau 12M. pic.twitter.com/7DHnbKJgM0
— KKMalaysia🇲🇾 (@KKMPutrajaya) September 23, 2020