Ahhh summer….The sun, the fun, and HEAT! Summer is here and so is the heat. During summer, the temperature rises to leave us tired and sweaty all day. Ensuring our body is hydrated at all times is the most important thing.
During the heat, our body loses lots of water due to excessive sweating. Hence, we need to replace all those water to avoid dehydration. Yes, drinking water is the main key here but you may also try other summer beverages to not only quench your thirst but to keep your body cool too.
Here are 5 simple beverages that you can try to keep yourself cool during the summer.
1. Pineapple Lemonade
Refreshing, tangy, and tropical!
To make this traditional lemonade with a twist, all you need is to make a simple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 6 cup water
- To make the syrup, simply combine sugar and 1 cup of water into a pot over medium heat. Stir all the sugar is dissolved and let it cool.
- In a jug, pour in your lemon juice, pineapple juice lime juice, and syrup. Add in 5 cups of water and let it chill in the fridge before you enjoy it.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
2. Watermelon Slush
‘Watermelon sugar high’–Let’s get high with this watermelon slush using only 3 ingredients.
- 5 cups of diced watermelon
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Juice of 1 lime (optional)
- 1 cup of ice
- Combine these 3 ingredients with 1 cup of ice into a blender and blend till it’s smooth. You can avoid adding lime juice if you prefer your beverage to be purely sweet. Lime juice just gives a light kick of a tangy feel.
You can let it chill in the fridge or serve immediately. It’s that easy!
3. Raspberry Peach Iced Tea
Lightly sweetened yet refreshing drink.
- 2 tea bags
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 peaches
- 3 tbsp agave nectar (any sweetener or honey)
- Mint leaves
- Steep tea bags into 4 cups of boiled water and let it cool
- Blend the raspberries, peaches, and agave nectar till smooth. Strain the juice and set it aside.
- In a jug, mix together the tea and blended ingredients. Let it chill in the refrigerator.
You don’t have to blend all the raspberries and peaches, you can set some aside for garnish. Before serving, add some raspberries, sliced peaches, and mint leaves.
4. Blueberry Lemonade
Back to lemonade again but this time we’ll go with blueberries. The perfect drink to cool you down on a hot day.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- To make the blueberry syrup, combine blueberries and sugar in a pot with 1 cup of water over medium heat. Stir till the sugar dissolves and blueberries soften.
- Strain the mixture and let it cool.
- In a jug, pour in 5 cups of water, lemon juice, and syrup. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
You can serve it with ice. The blueberries give a pinkish purple effect letting you enjoy your beverage in a cool way.
5. Sparkling Cherry Lemonade
We’re not done with lemons just yet. For this drink, there’s no syrup or straining needed. All you need to do is pit your cherries and throw everything else into the blender.
- 2 ounces of cherries
- 3/4 cups of lemon juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups sparkling water
- Combine the cherries, lemon juice, and sugar in a blender and blend till smooth. Let it cool in the fridge.
- Serve over ice and sparkling water.
6. Strawberry Pineapple Mimosa
Who doesn’t love a good mimosa? It’s an easy, refreshing, and fun drink. This recipe only requires 5 minutes of your time.
- 1 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
- 750 ml sparkling white wine (can be replaced with sparkling water)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced strawberries
- In a jug, mix the orange and pineapple juice.
- Pour in the mixture in a glass, half full, and fill the other half with sparkling white wine or sparkling water.
- served immediately with sliced strawberries as garnish.
7. Easy Berry Sangria
This beverage is so easy and a chockfull of raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries, it only requires 5 minutes.
- 750ml rose wine or sparkling water
- 1 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1/2 raspberries
- 1/2 blueberries
- 1/2 blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 12 ounces lemon-lime soda or lemon/lime juice
- In a jug, mix together all the berries, sugar, and rose wine or sparkling water
- Let it chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Serve with ice and lemon soda or lemon/lime juice.
There’s no right or wrong way to making these beverages. Feel free to mix and match fruits according to your taste buds.
These simple beverages are fancy enough for you to enjoy them during the hot season. Not only that, they are fruit-filled, kid-friendly, adult-pleasing and alcohol-free!
Have fun with your very own summer beverages today!
Sources: Damn Delicious