A shot of coffee is enough to keep you up and running. In fact, there is news of a study that has been performed in the US, and the results reveal that coffee might help to reduce the risk of COVID-19. According to the study, people who consume one or even more cups of coffee per day have nearly 10% less chance of getting infected by the deadly COVID-19, in comparison to those who are not consuming coffee at all.
Coffee consumption has positive effects on CRP, interleukin-6 (IL-6), and tumor necrosis factor I (TNF-I). The point to be noted here is that these biomarkers are also linked to Covid-19 severity and mortality. These are the benefits of coffee that can help to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection.
@drsyidayobSiapa sini geng minum kopi? Team ##kopi atau team ##teh? 😋♬ original sound – Dr Syid Ayob Al Qudri
- Coffee helps to reduce the inflammation marker that usually would get increased if that person got infected with COVID-19.
- This inflammation marker will determine the severity of the symptom and also the mortality of COVID-19 infection.
- Coffee naturally has high antioxidants ingredients that really help to reduce the inflammation in the body.
- The study also shows that high vegetable intake could also increase the immune system of the body.
- A high intake of processed meat could increase the risk of getting infected with COVID-19.
Sources: TikTok Dr Syid Ayob Al Qudri.