Dates are consumed in many ways, by many people at any time but it is unexceptionally very famous during Ramadhan, the fasting month for the Muslims. It is easy to list the health benefits of dates. Fiber, antioxidants, minerals, and the list goes on. They also have a long shelf life considered them being dry foods.
Other than eating the sweet dates raw, there are about 20 other foods or beverages you can make out of them. Shared by an account on TikTok, it shows us how to make coffee out of dates. Not the flesh but the seeds!
1) First step is to gather your date seeds and wash them thoroughly to get rid of the date flesh sticking to them.
2) After being washed, dry them by patting towel paper or just leave them to dry by themselves.
3) After they are dried, roast them in the oven at 350ºF/175ºC for 35 minutes. But you can always experiment on them based on your own preferences.
4) After they are roasted, grind them like regular coffee beans and you’ll have the coffee powder.
5) Now you can brew them like normal coffees! Remember that you can always add any spices that you want, to increase the flavor and aroma.
There you have it. Coffee out of date seeds! They are easy to make, tastes less bitter than regular coffee and it is caffeine-free! The best part is, you can get the full benefits of dates without a tiny leftover.
Sources: TikTok @Mediterranean_flavor