Since the COVID-19 pandemic began, many people in this whole wide world have been exposed to the clinical term of CT Value or better known as the Cycle Threshold. Some people might have the knowledge about it while some other people might not have any idea of what it is. A simple way to understand CT Value would be, it refers to the number of cycles needed to amplify the viral RNA to a detectable level.
Samples that turn out positive can start out with vastly different amounts of virus, for which the CT Value provides an inverse measure. If a higher number of cycles is needed, hence a higher CT value and vice versa. This is because the virus is spotted only after many cycles.
@dr.samhanAPA MAKSUD CT VALUE ? #KitaJagaKita #jombelajar #learnontiktok #tiktokguru♬ Your Man – Josh Turner
If CT Value Is Less Than 35
- The viral load in the body is high.
- The chance that the virus could be infectious towards other people is very high.
- Symptoms for newly infected individuals.
If CT Value Is More Than 35
- Virus infection is in its final stage.
- The chance that the virus could be infectious towards other people is very low.
- Detection of the rest of the virus fragments.
- Symptoms for an old infection.
Sources: TikTok Dr. Samhan.