Eating at home is the best. However, sometimes, people like to dine out with their family after a long day at work. Aside from that, people like to eat at restaurants because they have something special to celebrate.
Therefore, when dining out with family, especially when there are toddlers, parents are responsible to keep an eye on them. Eating outside does not mean you can do anything you want as you think the ‘customer is always right.’
It is not only your family who is dining out at the restaurant. Other people are there too, except if you book a private room. If not, there is an etiquette you should follow as parents, bringing children to eat outside.
Of course, children will be children. They will make a fuss about anything. Sometimes, they will throw a tantrum. However, this situation will bother other people who are also at the scene.
As parents, what should you do?
1) Pay attention to your children
- Calm your children down.
- Step away from the dining area and allow your children to calm down.
- After they have calmed down, you can resume your dining.
2) Privately attend to your children’s outburst
- If your children won’t calm down, it is a sign for you to request ‘to-go’ meals.
- Do not threaten your child in front of other people.
By doing these, you are also considering other people’s comfort when eating.
It is easy, right? Calm your children down, and if that does not work, request ‘to-go’ meals!
Source: Diane Gottsman