KOTA KINABALU, March 23 — Five policemen, two of them with the rank of inspector, are in quarantine at their respective home after they were found to have recently dealt with a man who had been infected with COVID-19 at Ranau station.
Sabah police commissioner Datuk Zaini Jass said the five policemen had been ordered to undergo health screening at Ranau Hospital two days ago.
“Alhamdulillah, all of them had no positive signs (for COVID-19). However, the doctor ordered all of them to be in quarantine in their home for 14 days,” he told reporters after monitoring the premises in Penampang, near here last night.
Zaini said he was concerned about the safety and health of police officers and personnel working on the ground.
Meanwhile, on the setting up of roadblocks, which also involved members of the Malaysian Armed Forces (ATM), during the Movement Control Order, Zaini said everything was going smoothly in Sabah.
A total of 466 soldiers are involved in roadblocks mounted in 17 districts in the state, he said, adding that compliance among the public has reached 95 per cent.