Peek-A-Boo is actually a form of play played with an infant. To play, one player hides their face, pops back into the view of the other, and says “Peekaboo!”. There are many variations. For example, where trees are involved, “Hiding behind that tree!” is sometimes added. Another would involves saying “Where’s the baby?” while the face is covered.
Peekaboo is really thought by developmental psychologists to demonstrate an infant’s inability to understand object permanence. Object permanence is an important stage of cognitive development for infants. In early sensorimotor stages, the infant is completely unable to comprehend object permanence. These are some advantages for children.
@zuraida.shahimeApa anak belajar semasa main peek-a-boo? ##tiktokguru ##LearnOnTikTok ##JomBelajar ##parenting ##rizaloptometris♬ Peek a Boo – Cocomelon
Advantages for children playing ‘Peek-A-Boo’ game:
- Children could learn the concept between what is there and what is not there. When they learned that, children could understand better when their parents are not there.
- Children could learn to be focus and also to really look on other people’s face and eyes. That is a great beginning lesson of communication for the children.
- Children could learn to wait on things. When they are used to wait on things, children could really practice to have more patience and not rushing in life.
- Children could learn on how to take turns when they are playing with other people. This is also a great base for the children to learn about communication.
- Children could learn the correlation between movement and also sound. After they learned that, the children would understand that different sounds would bring different meanings.
- Children could learn how to smile. Smiling is also a great way on how to start teaching the children to have a communication with other people.
Sources: TikTok Zuraida Shahime.