Travel enthusiasts will surely seek new spots for them to explore. There are still so many undiscovered places worldwide yet to be explored. And travelling is fun when we go to new places, especially the ‘hidden gems’.
Have you ever thought of the possibility of visiting a different country only in three hours? For Malaysians, Singapore might be the best option as it’s the nearest country to Malaysia. Or maybe Thailand since there are many ways for us to enter their gates. But if you want to experience something different, there’s a place that you can travel to: Pulau Bintan, Indonesia!
House Genius (@housegeniusofficial) shared their experience visiting Pulau Bintan, Indonesia, just three hours from Johor Bahru! Curious to know how they do it?
3 jam je pergi Indonesia naik ferry! Best experience ever ✨🇮🇩⛴️ #pulaubintan #indonesia #ferry #johorbharu #jb #traveltiktok
♬ Dreamers [Music from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Official Soundtrack] – Jung Kook & BTS
- Buy a one-way ticket to Tanjung Pinang from the Berjaya Waterfront website. The ticket price is RM151. The price includes insurance, so don’t worry; your safety is assured.
- You can park your car there at a flat rate of RM5 per day.
- The ticket is from Stulang Laut, JB to Tanjung Pinang.
- The ferry is only available at 3 pm.
- They entered the immigration at 2.30 pm for departure.
- The ferry is comfortable and cold.
- They advised us to bring snacks to fill the three-hour ride from JB to Tanjung Pinang.
- You also have to fill in the vaccine declaration form while on the ferry.
- Next, they arrived around 6 pm and headed to their pre-booked hotel.
- The hotel rate is RM132 per night.
- It’s only a five-minute walk from the jetty.
- They advised us to be careful because there are many ticket touts. Make sure to check the legitimacy of the sellers before purchasing.
- Use Gojek or GoCar to book rides.
There are many interesting things to do at Pulau Bintan
Replying to @Zakiah Binti Abdul R Pulau Bintan ni sangat sangat cantik, sesuai utk org yang nak rehat sambil healing gitu. Banyak hidden gem & makanan yang sedap bethol 😭✨🇮🇩❤️ #pulauindah #bintanisland #indonesia #ferry #johorbharu
Kina suggested staying in Pulau Indah Villa. One night is 1DR 3.5mil (RM1,000), and breakfast is included. The view is magnificent, and there’s a big swimming pool fit for kids and parents to spend time together. Not only that, but their room also has a bathtub! However, if you’re finding a more budget-friendly hotel, Grand Lagoi is the best option for only RM300+ per night.
Next, you can fill your stomach with authentic Indonesian dishes at Warung Yeah! (Kina said they overordered, that’s why the bill reached RM70.)
Afterwards, they visited Treasure Bay. It’s the largest swimming pool in Asia (one km). The ticket cost RM35. However, you can choose a different package, including kayaking, Slip and Slide, and Bull Ride, for RM51.90.
Kina advised bringing lots of cash since the price rate in Pulau Bintan is a bit more expensive than in Batam and Tanjung Pinang. For a better exchange rate, you can change your money at Tanjung Pinang.
Lastly, Kina and her family visited Gurun Pasir and Danau Biru Kawal. The ticket is RM14. The Danau Biru Kawal has the most beautiful crystal blue water, perfect for a #OOTD!
How to travel back to Malaysia?
After exploring the beautiful Pulau Bintan, how to travel back to Malaysia?
There are two ways suggested by Kina:
- Enter through the Singapore gates and take a taxi to JB
- Ride on speedboats or ferries from Telaga Punggur > Tanjung Umban > Batam Centre > JB.
The first option will be the easiest. But Kina and her family love adventure. So, they picked the second option.
Is it worth all the hassle?
The total cost of Kina and her family’s journey to Tanjung Pinang and Pulau Bintan for four days and three nights are:
The cost is expected because Pulau Bintan is a private beach. The price would be slightly higher than other public beaches.
If you’re interested in travelling to Pulau Bintan, try these steps and experience the fun and adventure of it all!
Source: TikTok House Genius