Since today is the 9th day for Muslims to celebrate the Hari Raya Aidilfitri, there are certainly some among you who are tired of eating the kuih raya. Right? So why don’t you try Pretzel’s Auntie Anne’s recipe? Not only is it easy, but it’s also delicious!
These are the ingredient that you need:
- 2 cups of fresh milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 6 tbsp of brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter (soft at room temperature)
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp fine salt
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 3 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup crude salt
- 8 tablespoons butter (diluted)
- Heat milk in a microwave or gas cooker for about 1 minute. (Don’t get too hot, touch with your finger)
- Add the yeast and stir, leaving about 3 minutes.
- Add butter and sugar.
- Add a cup of flour to a cup, and add fine salt.
- Brush with mixer and dough hook, or hand for about 10 minutes.
- Put the dough in a greased bowl. Cover and let it bloom for 1 hour.
- As the dough expands to doubles, whisk slightly to allow the trapped air to come out.
- Preheat oven to 230ºC.
- Divide dough into 12 parts.
- Apply the dough for a long time.
- Combine baking soda and warm water in a container.
- Spoon the dough into a pretzel shape and dip into baking soda water. Put in a tray of parchment paper.
- Season with coarse salt.
- Bake about 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Dip into the melted butter while it is hot.
- Delicious served with dipping sauce: Caramel sauce, Chocolate sauce, cinnamon powder, butterscotch sauce, garlic cream cheese, and more.
Sources: Echot Aisyah Meor Zahir