For many people in this whole wide world, even though it is really exciting to be beginning a new phase of your job, it can also be stressful and a little scary to start a new job. No one really wants to start a new job in their life without knowing what to expect. When it comes to feeling comfortable in a new job, comprehensive onboarding is essential.
You will feel more confident and grounded if you spend some time preparing. You need to learn not only what to do, but how to do it well. You want to make a good first impression on both your manager and coworkers. Get yourself started off on the right foot by doing these 5 things during your first day, your first week, and your first few months.
@allifromcorporate0did I miss any big ones you’d add? ##newjob ##recentgrad ##firstjob ##jobsearch♬ The Hustle – Van McCoy
5 recommended things to do when starting a new job:
- Write everything down. Make observations without judgment.
- Keep an ongoing record of all the skills you gain.
- Do not trust anyone too much. They would all throw you under the bus if they had to.
- Learn how to speak and email in a very professional way.
- Pay close attention to detail with everything you do.
Sources: TikTok Career & Investor Enthusiast.