Muhammad Ziyad bin Zolkefli who was born in the 15th of March 1990 is a Paralympic athlete from Malaysia who competes in T20 classification shot put events. He definitely is the current world record holder in his own event. Amazingly, Zolkefli represented Malaysia at the 2012 Summer Paralympics in London and he won the bronze medal.
Malaysia is so proud of all of his achievements so far and he also has been helping Malaysia’s name to gain a lot of recognition from all over the world in Paralympic events. His success made the country proud, as the historical feat was created by this athlete. For all the people out there who might not know, these are 7 interesting facts about him.
1) Ziyad is the eldest of four siblings.
2) Ziyad suffered intellectual impairment which was identified in pre-school.
3) Ziyad ventured into this sport since 2008. It was a compulsory school activity.
4) He won the gold medal in the men’s F20 category at the World Athletics Championships in 2013.
5) Ziyad also won the gold medal at the Asian Para Games held in 2014.
6) After his victory in the 2013 World Athletics Championships, Ziyad was awarded the National Paralympic Sports award.
7) Before Ziyad joined the National Sports Council, he sold ‘kuey tiau’ in Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman.