The recent natural disaster that happened in this country that is Malaysia has really affected a lot of people mentally, physically, financially, and also emotionally. Some people even experienced bad anxiety and also developed serious post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) right after that. For those who might not know, PTSD is actually a mental health condition that is indeed triggered by a terrifying event and it could either be experienced or even witnessed.
Most people who go through traumatic events may have temporary difficulty adjusting and coping. If the symptoms get worse for people, last for months or years, and interfere with your day-to-day functioning, you may have PTSD. Getting effective treatment after PTSD symptoms develop is critical to reducing symptoms and improving function.
@drarisman Selepas bencana banjir, ramai juga yang dtg ke klinik kerana PTSD. #TikTokGuru #learnontiktok #TahukahAnda #fyp ♬ original sound – drarisman
Symptoms Of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Past memories of the cause of trauma constantly emerge.
- Often repeating traumatic events as if they happened again.
- Always have bad dreams that feel that they are real.
- Easily get stressed out.
- Always think negatively towards oneself and also other people.
- Cannot maintain a positive relationship or feel less happy to talk with other people.
- Lose motivation to do the things that you usually love to do.
- Easily get surprised or even scared.
- Frequently get disturbed when sleeping or even Insomnia.
- Lose concentration.
- Easily get mad or become more aggressive.
- Excessive feeling of guilt or shame.
Treatment For Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Find someone who you can talk to and listen to your problems and also someone who can really advise you.
- Meet a counselor or a doctor.
- Take medication if needed.
Sources: TikTok drarisman.