Recently, there has been a case regarding domestic violence. The sad thing is that the violence that happens at home is not a new thing. Someone’s abusive behaviour towards someone who is living in the same house has been there since the old times.
Here are the things that you should know about domestic violence:
- Domestic violence does not only happen to a current partner. It also can happen to an abuser’s former partner.
- The violence is usually repetitive and may worsen over time.
- Usually, the victim of domestic violence is the female in the family (wife), and the abuser is the male (husband).
There are several forms of domestic abuse, which include physical, verbal, psychological, and emotional abuse.
What is concerning about the behaviour is that it can affect the victim’s health. The victim may get an injury, such as bruises, fractures, and cuts. Worse, it might lead to permanent disabilities. If it is not that, the victims are associated with depression, anxiety, and phobias.
Sadly, some people are not aware that they are not in a healthy relationship. They do not know that they are actually in a situation called ‘domestic violence.’
If you find yourself fearful of your partner, depressed, or do not find joy in doing the things you like, you might be a victim. The signs are more shown if you have bruises or suffering from pain in any part of your body.
Other signs that may hint that you or the people you know are one of the brutal victims are:
- Frequent or sudden absences
- Frequent lateness
- Receive harassing phone calls
- Having financial problems
They may be other signs.
If you think that you are among the victims, do not be afraid to seek help.